Saturday, February 25, 2012

Knitting Fever

In anticipation of finishing my mittens (below) I had an urge today to knit my hat. I've knitted this pattern a lot so know it only  takes a couple of hours from start to finish. I had leftover wool from a waistcoat I knitted some years ago and used that. I'm very pleased with it. Pattern, I think, is from a Rowan book I've since lost, but am lucky enough to have a photo of it. 
So I've knitted one thumb, just one to go. While photographing the mittens I spotted my ginger friend out of the window. Mouse-hunting season is upon us again. Averaging one a day for now but it'll be up to two before long.

And I've also cast on the second sleeve for my Rowan jumper. I'm hoping I'll have enough of the purple wool to finish it! I have another half ball but had to stop knitting with it because it's frayed every half metre or so. Very annoying.


Currently reading The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman. I just finished the whole of the Harry Potter series. I'm in the mood for adventure and escapism.

No comments: